Quality Control Inspector
United Machine Works is looking for a motivated and experienced Quality Control (QC) Inspector to join our team immediately. Full time position, 2nd shift, pay depending on experience. We offer very competitive benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, Basic Life, Vol Life, Critical Illness, and 401(k), etc.
This position tests and inspects products at various stages of production process and compiles and evaluates statistical data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products by performing the following duties.
- Prepares labor card(s), job ticket(s), and other reports, forms, records, and related paperwork for assigned area.
- Ensures that product output meets established quality policy.
- Ensures established productivity standards are obtained.
- Interacts with other employees in a polite, courteous, and productive manner.
- Responsible for adhering to established “Work Rules.”
- Responsible for maintaining a neat, clean, and orderly work area.
- Responsible for observing all Good Manufacturing Practices and safety practices ensuring all machine guards and other safety equipment or devices are in place and in good working order before and during operation.
- Ensure all personal protection equipment is monitored and used at all times.
- Interprets engineering drawings, schematic diagrams, or formulas and confers with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards.
- Selects products for tests at specified stages in the production process, and tests products for a variety of qualities such as dimensions, performance, and mechanical, electrical, or chemical characteristics.
- Records test data, applying statistical quality control procedures.
- Evaluates data and writes reports to validate or indicate deviations from existing standards.
- Recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality within limits of equipment capability.
- Sets up and performs destructive and nondestructive tests on materials, parts, or products to measure performance, life, or material characteristics.
- Prepares graphs or charts of data or enters data into computer for analysis.
- Any other duties of a similar or lesser nature as required.
- Degree in a related field.
- Certification in quality control is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong understanding of quality control standards and testing techniques.
- Customer Service oriented
- Ability to work in a Teamwork environment
- Observes safety and security procedures.
- Able to perform the essential functions satisfactorily.
- Ability to communicate in a business environment
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and operations such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, permutations, frequency distribution, reliability, validity, and analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Knowledge of ERP systems, preferably Microsoft NAV.
- Knowledge of Microsoft software products.